Senior Commercial Audit Manager - Global Internal Auditor
- Materially contributing to robust audit risk assessment of individual Commercial Banking businesses, including the identification and evaluation of top level risks based on analysis and personal expertise.
- Designing workable Audit Programme steps to enable testing of controls against risks identified in the audit risk assessment. Reviewing and updating Audit Programme steps in light of changing regulation and or Group policies.
- Preparing and documenting the Audit Planning Memorandum to ensure that the scope, approach, resourcing and logistics of the audit are properly planned and are understood by all auditors.
- Identifying possible issues, proposing root causes, determining appropriate questions and evidence required to support conclusions, and conducting full investigations to ensure validity of findings. Ability to investigate issues thoroughly to determine risks, controls, root cause and escalate the issue.
- Presenting issues and recommendations to auditee management, actively listening to responses, negotiating details of findings and agreeing remedial actions to address risks.
- Delivering Audit reports and Issue Validation in line with Internal Audit deliverables and in accordance to Internal Audit Methodology and positive Quality Assurance feedback.
- Developing and maintaining ongoing, consistent interaction with business stakeholders.
- Providing technical subject matter expertise to assist in audit risk assessment, audit planning, execution of Audit Programmes, definition and clarification of findings, construction of recommendations and follow up on implementation.
- Supporting the follow up, tracking and reporting of audit issues applicable to the region, relevant to Commercial Banking.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of proven and progressive Internal Audit experience in a Financial Institution, preferably in Commercial Banking.
- Experience working in relevant environment, i.e. matrixed, Commercial Banking, Internal Audit, having worked on International assignments.
- Strong written and verbal communications, analytical reasoning, problem solving, organisational, lateral thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Solid knowledge of the Company, Group and financial services industry, businesses supported and the regulatory framework they operate in.
- Educated to at least undergraduate Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, related field or equivalent experience or professional level
- Externally recognised internal or external audit qualifications, such as Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, or Certified Internal Auditor an advantage but not a requirement
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of risk based auditing, risk identification, assessment and management
- Willingness to travel.