Core Business Services - Finance - Finance Management Associate Supervisor/Manager
Join our Finance team and you will help enable EY client account teams and management to run the business effectively. You'll help to improve engagement profitability, manage enterprise wide risk and support market development activities. You will support EY planning, reporting and forecasting and analysis, or help EY people manage day-to-day activities, such as managing engagements, process and auditing time and expense or invoice processing. You'll also work with other parts of our organization, sharing your financial experience and insights to achieve specific goals. You'll get all the support you need to stay on top of regulations — and the advice and help you‘ll need to meet your own professional goals.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are looking for a Supervisor/Manager to join our Finance team and become knowledgeable in managing the finance process and business economics of our client's engagements. The team works closely with our Service Lines' executives in providing operation and business advice for achieving their financial goals. As well as being the main contact for client-related financial reporting and analysis, you'll also help EY's executives comply with EY finance and operation policies.
You may also be asked to participate in a wide variety of national/ global projects or initiatives to achieve operational excellence. Through your strategic approach, and your ability to influence others, you'll assist the Team lead to supervise a team of Finance Management Associates.
- Supervise a team of Greater China Financial Management Associates (FMAs) to perform daily inventory accounting function required by the organization and monitor the quality and quantity of work flow within the FMA group
- Help training FMAs, as well as client-serving executives and serve as a coach and/or mentor to FMAs
- Suggest and execute leading practices for improving processes, for both the Finance group and the client-serving staff
- Proactively communicate and escalate inventory issues to the service line operation leaders and/or FMA Leader
- Serve as a seasoned FMA on EY engagement tools, practices and policies
- Assist in managing the daily operations (e.g. data quality clean-up, ongoing maintenance, billing and revenue analysis)
- Assist deployment and implementation of new system/reports
- Assist finance project management, execution, milestone tracking and monitoring of key performance metrics
- Participate in global discussion call or other activities
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and revenue models as needed
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree or above in related discipline, accounting knowledge/background is an advantage
- At least eight years of relevant working experience for Manager and six years of relevant experience for Supervisor; team management experience is an advantage
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude with strong administration, problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Independent, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Adept at taking a consultative approach in business transactions, and influencing executive decision-making
- Strong analytical skills, in-depth operational knowledge and strong passion to work with people
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and liaise with colleagues in both business and technical roles
- Strong teaming abilities, with demonstrated virtual teaming ability. Strong mentoring skills.
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills and good delegation and time management skills
- Proactive participation in global discussion call/activities
- Clear and concise professional writing
- Strong MS Power point and Excel skills, with an ability to learn new applications quickly
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, and good command of both Cantonese and Mandarin