Director, FCC, Business Advisory CDD (Retail Banking)
- Act as trusted advisor to the Retail Banking Individual Clients' Data Remediation Project team by supporting implementations efforts, as well as deal with issues that arise out of project implementation activities
- Provide support to Country and Regional offices, and Retail Clients sub-segments, Operations, Technology or the Compliance function in managing the change due to the Retail Banking Individual Clients' Data Remediation Project.
- Offer subject matter expertise, drawing on FCC networks, professional qualifications and experience
- Ensure effective escalation within the Bank
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the business area and its operations under coverage.
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in region/country), in coordination with group communications.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing FCC oversight over the Retail Banking Individual Clients' Data Remediation Project roll out in the countries.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to AML, Sanctions and ABC.
- Act as (second line) Risk Owner under the Group's Risk Management Framework for those aspects of Regulatory Compliance relating to AML, Sanctions and ABC, and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Maintain oversight of risk mitigating action plans.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of AML, Sanctions and ABC risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
- Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of bank's Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Business Banking Distribution business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Retail Banking Individual Clients' Data Remediation Project Management Office
- COO, Retail Distribution
- Head, AML CDD Process & Governance
- Global Head, Compliance, Retail Banking
- Head, Legal, Retail Banking
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Retail Business Banking.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
Target Proficiency Level:
Compliance Policies and Standards
Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)