Director, FCC Screening
- Advise, support and provide guidance on the Group's list management policy and procedures
- Serve as a subject matter expert for regulatory and compliance list related questions
- Coordinate with the List Management Operations unit to ensure that the relevant lists and database are up to date
- Manage relationships with watch list vendors and escalate issues as appropriate
- Provide expertise on 'Good Guy Lists' and manage regular update / reconciliation process
- Oversee and review the creation of local country watch lists
- Provide assurance by monitoring quality of list management operational processes
- Act as subject matter expert in initiatives relating to FCC list management
- Managing database and systems used by the unit to ensure operational issues are promptly addressed.
- Represent SCB on sanctions screening issues on lists with relevant user groups.
- Maintain a robust channel of communication with FCC (especially FCC Group Sanctions Advisory, Screening, SPOT, Regional & Country FCC, and PEP & FCII Units) and ITO teams to facilitate a feedback loop to ensure quality and efficiencies of the systems & processes deployed.
- Keep track of industry best practices and be an influencer in leading such changes
- Develop, deploy and maintain the OR obligations related to list management function.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
- Help promote, lead and manage, throughout the Business, the culture and practice of Financial Crime risk management within the letter and spirit of UK Law. This also includes local Laws and Regulations, UK regulations and in accordance with Group standards.
Knowledge Development and Information Management
- Provide input and support in designing MI/KPI reports which would be able to provide an overview of the operations and risks in the transaction screening space.
- Represent the Group on transaction screening issues through appropriate relationships (where applicable) with key regulators, relevant industry and vendor / user Groups
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising)
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in [Globa/Region/Country/Business] to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to [AML/Sanctions/ABC].
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Ensure staff in [Region/Country/Department] have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management [EDIT IF REQUIRED].
- Apply risk and data analytic tools/techniques to optimise and tune relevant detection scenarios, and screening and monitoring systems.
- Review and assess existing system and controls relevant to FCC to ascertain operational performance and effectiveness.
- Align/support with the alignment of relevant systems and controls to industry best practice and close out any compliance gaps.
- Establish and maintain watch lists used for customer and transaction screening and various other due diligence and investigative purposes (local/regional internal and external).
- Ensure that the relevant lists and database as used by the screening systems are up to date.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Attend relevant leadership meetings.
- Ensure tracking and remediation of surveillance and investigations related regulatory findings.
- Prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FCC List Management Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Where relevant - Additionally, for subsidiaries or relevant non -subsidiaries
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
- Screening Product Management,
- Group Sanctions Advisory,
- Regional and Country FCC Head's,
- PEP and Sensitive Client Unit and
- Intelligent and Investigation Unit
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in FCC
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
Compliance Policies and Standards
Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)
QUALIFICATIONS - training, licenses, memberships and certifications
* Graduate / basic qualifications in banking/ finance/ audit/ systems
* ACAMS or equivalent
* List Management or Screening function experience in managerial capacity highly preferred
* FIRCO List Management and Screening system knowledge would be an advantage;