Manager, Treasury Balance Sheet Optimization
The role encompasses providing support in driving the various business balance sheet optimisation initiatives. It covers alignment of initiatives and results through building and communicating analytical insights on balance sheet performance directly to business management and their respective finance partners. This is therefore a specialist role with interface to key stakeholders in the Bank. The reporting line is directly into the Head of Treasury Balance Sheet Optimisation and this person will work in close partnership with the Business Heads, Business Finance, Country Finance, Treasury and Risk.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities for the job will cover the following:
* Support OBSC, GALCO and Liabilities Working Group committees and steering groups in delivery of their objectives via development and tracking of optimisation project milestones
* Support and drive the implementation of deposit pricing framework, pricing discipline, return accretive Liabilities and Assets for the bank
* Spearhead data strategy for BSO - design and build sustainable infrastructure and target operating model to support bank wide balance sheet optimization analytics.
* Lead and develop business analysis, reports, trends, financial models, ALCO optimisation tool kits, competitive analytics to support sustainable balance sheet optimization initiatives thus delivering improvement in quality, quantum and cost of fund of business drivers for the bank
* Review and continuously improve efficiency and production of current BAU reports and frequent ad-hoc business analytics.
* Manage and deliver timely Balance sheet analytics to key countries and drive quality B/S conversations and discussions with stakeholders like (TB, Retail , FM)
* Work closely with Treasury, Businesses and Finance managers to understand and communicate capital & liquidity implications of existing and future regulatory model changes to balance sheet to enable optimisation actions
Regional CFOs and CEOs
Businesses - FM, TB, Banking Heads, Retail, Private Bank and other Businesses
Finance - Group and Countries
Qualifications and Skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
* At least 5-8 years in the banking or financial services industry
* Strong academic record at bachelor or master degree level in business, economics, finance, financial engineering or related field from a well-recognized institution
* Preference: financial modeling, VBA, SAS, or Statistical Analysis background
* Keen learner profile with an interest in the commercial banking or global market business
* Excellent communication, power point and excel skills, supported by a good eye for details, basic common sense and a zest of creativity
* Proven strategic and analytical skills with a strong appetite for finding facts and offering solutions
* Good interpersonal skills and strong cross-cultural awareness
* Proven ability to interact with multiple functions / levels and to coordinate deliverables from various inputs under tight deadlines
* Track record of working in a very organized way, multi-tasking, prioritising, managing data, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and long term)
* Delivery of high quality work, in a limited amount of time
* High levels of drive and resilience
* Pragmatic approach to achieving the objectives set, able to flex an approach as needed
* Capacity to think creatively and laterally (outside the box); excellent reasoning skills and the ability to make sound judgments
* Enthusiasm, drive and ability to work in a very fast paced high performance team
* Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 10/08/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.