Risk - Divisional Coverage, APAC Non-Financial Risk\u2019 - Vice President
The Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients. Nearly 4,000 employees work together to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organisation.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast-becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organisation and the wider industry agenda.
The purpose of the Non-Financial Risk Management (NFRM) function is to ensure that the bank's Non-Financial Risk exposure is adequately managed in line with the group wide risk appetite and NFRM framework.
The Divisional / Infrastructure Risk Manger APAC NFRM is an important role within the NFRM APAC function with a specific focus on the risk portfolio for regional business/infrastructure coverage across APAC (Global Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Wealth Management, Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking, and Infrastructure Functions).
The role reports to the APAC Lead Business Division / Infrastructure Function coverage, with NFRM being an independent risk function reporting globally to the Group Chief Risk Officer and locally to the APAC Chief Risk Officer.
As part of the regional APAC NFRM team the general responsibilities include:
- Contribute to special projects / task forces / working groups relating to the Non-Financial Risk Framework or identified NFR risk issues
- Promote the Risk culture and visibility of NFRM
- Keep abreast of changes in relevant laws and regulations regarding NFR and understand their implications
- Effectively perform 2nd Line of Defence monitoring and assessment of Non-Financial Risk Management across the covered business divisions and infrastructure functions.
- Support the management of the stakeholder relationships in the covered business divisions and infrastructure functions.
The following duties are included in the day-to-day activities:
- Support APAC Head of Divisional Coverage for Global Markets & Corporate Finance in the execution of key NFR Coverage responsibilities, incl:
- Advise Business partners regarding relevant NFR framework, processes and tools
- Independently identify, assess, mitigate, report and escalate material risks and/or key controls, providing challenge, approval or veto as appropriate
- Review event write-ups, lessons learned and risk assessments, providing challenge as appropriate
- Monitor regional control environment and pro-actively manage deficiencies including timely escalation to management (i.e. NFR performance management; data quality for event capture and risk tracking)
- Support the production of regional & divisional top risk analysis / risk profiles
- Build strong relationships and communication channels with relevant Business and Infrastructure stakeholders
- Develop and deliver regional / divisional Non-Financial Risk training
- Contribute to manage NFR work stream of special projects
- Drive NFR strategic direction for the region in line with the global NFR strategy
- Help to implement effective NFR management and measurement processes
- Oversee the implementation of the NFRM framework within areas of responsibility e.g. perform relevant Level 2 (NFRMF) controls, as required by Policies, to quality assure the implementation of the NFR Framework
- Provide effective and demonstrable challenge to the risk owners and to ensure appropriate prioritization and resolution
- Model appropriate risk management behaviours and help to drive ‘risk culture' across the region
- Actively participate in NFRM and Regional governance processes as required
- Support the management of Audit and Regulatory Findings to conclusion
- Support the completion of regulatory surveys, reporting and inspections on the topic of NFR
- Help to ensure regulatory minimum standards for NFRM are adhered to across the region and specifically within GM & CF
- Provide support, guidance and development opportunities for more junior colleagues in the NFRM team
- No specific management responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong risk management and control background
- Analytic, flexible problem solving mindset
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to operate independently
- Excellent team worker, able to work in matrix organization
- Ability to share information, transfer knowledge and experience to team members and key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to Senior Management
- Experience in managing Non-Financial Risks
- Broad knowledge of investment and commercial banking products
- Background in managing projects
- Ability and willingness to travel
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.