Accounting Policy Manager
Accounting Policy Manager
Financial Services (FS) is a diversified component of the Commonwealth Bank Group that provides integrated risk and capital management and comprehensive financial information and analysis to both internal and external groups. David Craig is the Group Executive, Financial Services, which currently has over 900 staff. Some of the ways we add value to the Group include providing specialist financial advice, management of the Bank's support work and supply chains, fraud investigations and security, effective financial and risk management, and comprehensive investor relations.
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Manager Accounting Policy you will assist in the establishment of processes that lead to a best practice policy function. In addition you will assist in building proactive relationships internally with Business Unit Accounting and Risk teams and externally with lobby Groups, standard setters, regulators and peers.
This role will assist in the establishment of processes that lead to a best practice policy function.
In addition it will assist in building proactive relationships internally with Business Unit Accounting and Risk teams and externally with lobby Groups, standard setters, regulators and peers.
The role will provide assistance in:
- the quality review of public documents including Pillar 3, Annual Report and Profit Announcement
- Transaction related accounting advice, general accounting policy queries and new standard implementation.
What does success look like?
- Updating group accounting policies
- Accounting policy advice on transactions (including acquisitions, disposals) and general issues
- Assessing the impact of new Accounting standards and assisting in their implementation for the Group
- Building relationships with senior finance and risk personnel
- Working directly with senior management to resolve accounting and regulatory issues within the Group and communicate the outcomes to GM and EGM levels
- Ensuring compliant disclosures for ASX deliverables
- Drafting Group Finance board papers
- Assisting in the completion of comment letters to standard setters
- Quality reviews of external documents, including Pillar 3, Annual Report and Profit Announcement
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of training
- Liason with external auditors, industry contacts, standard setters and regulators
- CA/CPA qualified
- Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Law or Engineering Degree (others will be considered)
- Ideally someone with similar experience within a financial institution Strong accounting policy experience and some regulatory capital experience (APRA prudential standards).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate project management experience.
- Ability to work in a team and influence those around them
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.