Legal Cashier - 12 month fixed term contract
This position is a maternity cover for a Client Monies Legal Cashier within a FTSE 100 consultancy business in London. The role will involve processing receipts, payments and reviewing/understanding compliance as well as calculating and preparing interest payments.
You would be working for the Legal sector which is a subsidiary of the main consultancy business and is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure within a leading organisation.
The business are a global professional services business who operate in over 150 countries worldwide. They have been in the top 10 of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies multiple times and regularly rank top in the Times 100 Graduate Employers. They have a strong focus on developing their employees and providing them with the support they need to excel.
The role will be focused on Client money and will involve:
- Compliance related to client money
- The banking and processing of receipts and payments, including cheques to bank
- Preparing relevant interest calculations and reviewing codes
- Statement reconciliations to send for authorisation by Partners
- Payments of fees to Counsel, liaising with AP and sending relevant invoices
- Supporting the Accounts Payable function and getting invoices authorised
- Providing support to the Legal team by tracking and processing invoices through to payment and informing relevant members to transfer funds
- Checking VAT and matching to invoices
The successful candidate must:
- Have relevant and recent experience in a similar Cashiering role within a Legal firm
- Be immediately available to start
- Be available to commit to a 12 month contract
- Have a positive attitude and experience working in a team
- Preferably have experience of GFS system (not essential)
- Be an effective problem solver and a keen eye for detail
This is a 12 month fixed term contract for a Legal Cashier to work in a FTSE 100 business. The candidate must be available to start immediately and have experience in a similar role.
The salary will be up to £35,000 dependent on the experience of the candidate.