An excellent opportunity to work for a leading Public Sector and Government business, highly influential in Hertfordshire. They are currently looking for a Credit Controller, responsible for ensuring a delivery of consistent and effective income collection.
Our client is one of the leading companies in the Public Sector and Government industry within their area. They currently require a candidate with a valid enhanced DBS check to join their team in Stevenage, Hertfordshire as a Credit Controller.
As a credit controller, your key responsibilities will involve:
- To prevent debt through early intervention and accurate and timely debt management and advice.
- To ensure that all service charge accounts are correctly set up and maintained with rent adjustments being made in a timely fashion.
- Understand the nature and causes of debt and the need to prevent it from occurring
- Chase O/S payments by phone, letter, fax and email.
- Be involved in chasing either Personal Debt or Corporate Debt
- Produce monthly Aged Debtor Report detailing all O/S invoices to be chased
- Carry out credit checks on customers
- Set credit limits for customers
- Send various letters chasing payment and threatening legal action
The ideal candidate as a Credit Controller will have:
- An enhanced DBS check (dated within the last 2 years)
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work well within a team
- Experience working within a fast paced environment
- Driver's license
- Experience in collecting payments
- Northgate experience preferred
The package on offer consists of a competitive hourly rate (negotiable depending upon experience) as well as generous holiday entitlement. If the candidate becomes permanent they will have access to extensive benefits.