The aim of the role is to work together with the Financial Controller and Finance Manager in maintaining the Trust's financial records particularly those for Head Office. Working with the Finance Manager in providing an income management function to the Trust by dealing with the collection of resident's fees by direct debit and by monitoring income levels and debts. This role will adapt and change the more you get to learn at the company.
Working with the Finance Manager:
- To develop the Trust's fee collection procedure
- To increase the uptake of direct debit as the preferred method of payment
- To monitor debtors on a monthly basis taking appropriate action to ensure that any amounts owing are collected promptly, i.e. using appropriate communication by letter, email and telephone
- To oversee the legal process of debt collection
- To anticipate potential debtor problems
- To provide a monthly aged debtors report to the Financial Controller
- To be aware of resident departures and ensure that final accounts are issued in a timely fashion
- To ensure that fees are being charged in accordance with budget
- To periodically review the income of individual homes and identify reasons for any budget variances
This role would be suited to a experienced accountant that has had exposure to both sides of the ledger and isn't afraid to work hard and get their hands dirty. The ideal candidate will be able to deal with both residents, landlords and clients, and therefore experience in property would be advantageous.
My client is an established housing trust based in the heart of London. Due to growth, they are looking for an assistant accountant that can use their breadth of experience to add value and dynamism to their small yet perfectly formed accounts team.
Salary & Benefits
£35,000 & Study Support
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.