Commercial Finance Manager - Publishing sector - £55,000 - £65,000
My client is a large well known Publishing business based in West London. Due to the growth of the business they are looking for a Finance Manager to join their dynamic finance team.
Vision for Finance
As the Finance Manager you will be a core participant in the business, recognised as key to growing and delivering value. Integral to effective decision making, providing commercial insight and analysis, supported by seamless and efficient transaction processing in a well-controlled environment Summary of the role The purpose of the Finance Manager role is to lead consolidated financial planning, performance management, accounting and control processes and to partner with central departments to support the delivery of stretching budgets and enable informed decision making.
Key accountabilities include:
- Oversee budget, forecast and multi-year business plan processes
- Drive accounting quality, strong financial control and continuous improvement of processes
- Deliver monthly close, reporting and board communication
- Drive the evolution of reporting, analysis, and performance management
- Partner with central departments in a pro-active, commercially astute manner; provide valuable insight and advice for commercial deals.
Key Skills This role will suit an individual looking to develop their career in a commercially oriented finance department with significant scope to influence business decisions. You will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or equivalent) with relevant two to four years + post qualification experience.
- High quality analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to quickly review and understand business models and strategies, focus on key issues, and deliver creative and insightful analysis
- Good commercial judgement with the ability to develop awareness of commercial issues and provide sound financial support and advice
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly form working relationships and gain credibility with a wide selection of staff from different levels and disciplines
- Strong influencing skills and sound judgement to achieve an appropriate balance between challenge and partnership
- Confidence to initiate, drive and deliver change and improve engagement of stakeholders with finance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience in developing reporting and KPI content, format and style to effectively communicate a breath of information
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience of and ability to leverage different IT systems
- A team player. Someone who is open and who is able and willing to deliver beyond his or her personal brief