Fund Expense Administrator, Associate 1
Purpose of Role:
Fund Expense Administrator is responsible for processing the fund expenses and all associated tasks, including collecting authorization, VAT calculations, expense allocation to the sub-funds, payments, reconciliation and reporting. He or she must ensure all invoices are processed in a timely manner and according to the standards and procedures set forth
Invoices Payment And Reconciliation
- Screen received invoices and determine entities / funds concerned, split method, need for currency conversion and applicable VAT treatment
- Instruction and follow up with concerned team for custody payments and cross sub-funds transfers.
- Instruction and follow up for execution of currency conversions
- Accounting processing of payments
- Custody vs Accounting reconciliation
- Follow up on rejected / returned payments
- Determine whether VAT is applicable and calculate where necessary
- Contact the client to resolve VAT calculation issues
- Maybe required to undertake the review of invoices tasks prepared by other team members
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
Non - Technical Competencies
- Resolve review points highlighted by Senior Fund Expense Administrator and team supervisor and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Contacts and maintains good working relationships with appointed client and vendor representatives in order to gather authorization and clarify any issues around fund expenses
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
Training And Personal Development
- Work with Senior Fund Expense Administrator / Team supervisor to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training
- Accuracy and ability to work with deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential.
- Very good English knowledge (B2 or higher)
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Level of Education:
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
Previous Level of Experience:
- Fund administration\accounts payable\scanning experience preferred but not essential