Robert Half Accounting Operations have the pleasure to be recruiting for this fantastic opportunity to join a well established and exciting company as a Accounts Payable Team Member.
- Processing purchase invoices onto ERP system, ensuring accuracy in matching and posting.
- Ensure that non purchase order invoices obtain the necessary level of authorisation.
- Build excellent relationships with Suppliers and internal departments to resolve any queries on a timely basis.
- Reconciling suppliers statements to AP Ledger and GRNI (goods received no invoiced).
- Working with the Business Unit reviewing and reducing the aged GRNI listing.
- Working with the Business Unit on reviewing and reducing Debit Balances on the AP Ledger
- Investigate discrepancies on supplier accounts, requesting copy invoices/credit notes where necessary
- Scanning of invoices as and when required.
- Follow procedures, accurately and paying attention to detail.
- Weekly Payment runs, all currencies.
- Weekly parked invoice reporting.
- Weekly DD postings
- Adhere to the processing timetable.
- Adhere to the Month End timetable of tasks, to include Fixed Assets, GRNI, Parked, Debit Balances, Intercompany reconciliations, Accruals and Prepayments.
- Occasionally will be required to work on other ledgers, training will be given.
- Propose improvements of tools, processes and procedures fostering operational excellence and encourage others to support these initiatives.
- Attend meetings at other locations, as required.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required within your competency.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any training and development activities at the request of your line manager.
- Take care of your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Maths and English Language GCSEs, or equivalent.
- Recognised Accounting Qualification desirable but not essential.
- Customer Service Qualification would be an advantage.
Professional Experience & Knowledge:
Must have experience in processing high volume input of invoices & query resolution
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable experience of all AR and general bookkeeping processes.
- Experience of KPI reporting.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent investigative skills that enable the individual to resolve unallocated cash on customer accounts.
- Previous experience of SAP System transactions and reporting.
- Full understanding of banking procedures.
- Able to competently reconcile bank accounts to systems for several business units.
- Previous experience of working within a Shared Service (or similar) environment which gave exposure to multiple ledgers.
- Ability to break down and analyse information and then provide sound judgement and recommendations.
- Displays self-confidence, takes ownership and acts proactively to make things happen in the organisation.
- Ability to adopt a win-win approach to negotiation, deal with conflict constructively, influence skilfully and able to put forward sound contributions even in the face of opposition.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Ability to interact and adapt communication and style with all levels of the Company.
- Ability to manage time effectively so that the right time is allocated to the right activity.
- Seeks to understand customer needs and expectations; understands and delivers customer value; promotes open and frequent communications with management, suppliers and customers; and develops partnerships.
- Applies knowledge and expertise to objectively represent a position. Uses appropriate analytical tools to assist in presenting ideas.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.