A great opportunity to join a European Manufacturing company, based in Newport as the Finance Manager
Our Client is a large European Manufacturer, with a key consumer brand.
As the Finance Manager, reporting to the Financial Controller, you will oversee all financial accounting activities maintaining the integrity of the 2 Company Entity Accounts. Focussed on streamlining and improving day to day financial processes.
- Responsible for Debtor Management, overseeing the debt collection process, managing the invoicing process and providing direction and support to the UK Credit Control team to ensure that overdue debts are minimised
- Manage debtor and intercompany subsidiary ledgers and complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations with supporting commentary.
- Support Financial Controller with the preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Prepare monthly consolidated accounts for the Group.
- Lead the quarterly external debtor audits providing detailed supporting audit packs and responding to audit requests in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit the quarterly and bi-monthly VAT returns
- Prepare monthly bad debt and credit note provisions and sales commissions analysis
- Complete timely monthly balance sheet reconciliations, challenging financial controls and identifying areas of risk and opportunity where relevant
- Perform monthly payroll reconciliations for payroll control accounts to include social charges, staff benefits and wages and salaries
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Recommend changes in credit policy to senior management
- Assist with the preparation of annual tax packs
- Develop best practices within the financial accounting framework and proactively suggest improvements to improve efficiencies, improve cost effectiveness and add value
- Drive process improvements to the financial accounting systems and processes using technology to automate where appropriate
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified with a minimum of 5 years PQE with a successful proven history in similar roles
- Aware of relevant compliance issues is essential as is having a sound understanding of VAT rules and accounting standards
- Experienced in debtor management and control
- Has a commercial background and applies a commercial approach when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven Ability to manage a team and meet company objectives
- Technically strong with the ability to operate strategically
- Excellent problem solving skills and analysis experience
- Highly IT proficient with strong Excel Skills
- Team player, capable of challenging convention
£45,000 + Bonus