Business Manager, Asia Pacific Regulatory Compliance - Regulatory Compliance
If you're looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
As part of Global Risk, Regulatory Compliance ensures adherence to applicable regulations and standards by setting the policies which cover HSBC's regulatory requirements, and mitigate conduct and reputational risk issues. The team strives to remain ahead of the regulatory change agenda and ensures the business understands the implications and is prepared for change. It monitors how the Global Businesses and Functions manage their responsibilities with regard to complying with the regulations and helps resolve compliance deficiencies.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Manager, Asia Pacific Regulatory Compliance.
In this role, you will
- Support the Regulatory Compliance office functions in all aspects related to business management for Hong Kong, Singapore and the region to facilitate the appropriate level of oversight and management
- Assist in the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure an effective and efficient approach to business and financial management across area of responsibility.
- Ensure the identification and implementation of best practice across the organisation to enable the highest operational standards
- Coordinate and implement Global Regulatory Compliance office requirements across team to comply with all global processes and deadlines.
- Assist management to define and adopt best practice through collaborating with our key business partners
- Manage the relationships and processes with Purchasing and Procurement to increase the oversight and management of vendor and consultancy spend.
- Involve in the creation and achievement of rolling operating plans, recommending cost savings approaches and actions to achieve financial plan and assist in their implementation
- Provide the necessary support in relation to Reporting Support including quality assurance, reconciliation, coordination and exchange with relevant parties, commentary alignment and governance topics related tracking and reporting, coordination with Global Chief Risk Administration Office
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University graduate preferably with a degree in Accounting, Management or Finance.
- Experience in a service company model.
- Previous background of working in a matrix organizational structure
- Effective written and spoken communication skills in English
- Evidence of delivery in a similar role within a global organization
- Project Management
- Strong relationship management with a focus on financial and budget requirements. Able to work with individuals at different levels
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009IZS
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited