Operations Middle / Back Office Trainee
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Present in Japan since 1973, Societe Generale provides Japanese customers with financial services built on its cutting-edge technologies as a leading French financial institution.
Our office is located in Tokyo's core business district Marunouchi, housing Societe Generale's three entities in Japan: Societe Generale Tokyo Branch, Societe Generale Securities Services and Lyxor Asset Management.
Major Accountabilities / Principal Responsibilities:
The Operations department ensures the operational support of Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS) activities by implementing all necessary means to ensure the operational, administrative and financial processing market and credit operations initiated by business lines.
- Bring value to the GBIS businesses and clients
- Keep Operational Risk under control and comply with regulations
- Leverage on our Global Operating Model for value creation
- Invest in our people and maintain engagement
In a dynamic environment, fast learner with flexibility will be key to support Operations, the various business activities and transformation topics.
This assignment is a great opportunity to learn the investment banking organization (Front to Back, local and global) and get exposure on the various business activities conducted in Japan.
- Support functional production tasks dependant on the reporting line (Middle Office, Back Office) assigned to
- Contribute regular / ad-hoc reporting/dashboard on transversal topics
- Propose process improvement, participate to system enhancement specifications
- Actively contribute to knowledge management: update and upgrade procedures, document best practices
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
- University degree in Business / Engineering / Finance or equivalent
- Fluent in Japanese (preferably mother tongue) and English
- Good Communication Skills: comfortable in exposing own ideas and ask questions
- Proficient at Word and Excel (VBA debug is a plus)
- Strong Analytical skills : able to overcome difficulty and leverage on the team and organization to reach goals
- Adaptive and fast learner
- Capacity to work autonomously
- Able to work under pressure and tight delivery timeline
- Team player demonstrating strong team spirit