I. JOB DETAILS
To ensure that financial and management reports are published in accordance with statutory and legal requirements. To ensure financial process are followed that financial budgets are met.
III. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounting and Tax
- Responsible for compilation of financial and management reports instructed by Board of Director, Finance Committee and Management Committee
- To take overall charge of the account closing of different divisions
- To provide a detailed accounting support to the operational activities
- To ensure adherence to statutory and legal requirements
- Account closure of all entities within the group (GIIS) and outside the group (GIF).
- Review the balance sheet - Current Assets and Liabilities
- Review of schools claim system
- To verify Student Withdrawals
- To verify journal, payment, staff claims and receipts entries
- To verify purchase of FPS Insurance for Students
- To verify / supervise cost analysis, cost components by departments
- To improve on internal control in all areas of Finance, e.g. Procurement
- To review Fixed Assets entries and verification
- To be skilled in financial management to cover all aspects of a proper financial planning to achieve the strategic goal of the organization.
- To prepare the management report (MIS) on the school's financial performance
- To assist in managing a team of accountants and account assistants as well as provide support to superiors and unit heads in all areas of finance
- Liaise with other functional managers to ensure compliance of financial process.
- Liaise and work closely with Internal and Statutory auditors and relevant local authorities in order to ensure the company's finance and accounting practices comply and meet relevant requirements
- To supervise and provide guidance to staff members in finance matters
Bachelor Degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA)
Minimum 10 years of experience in F&A for graduate / post graduate and 5 years for professionals.