Analyst, Compliance, FM, Comms. Surv.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining and administering the Communications Surveillance Application, eg performing periodic / ad hoc or event driven reviews of the lexicon (keyword) list and performing post implementation review.
- Assist as a point of contact between Communications Surveillance and Production Support team to track and resolve issues, escalating when necessary, coordinating with the team to ensure alignment.
- Perform the initial review of the communications surveillance function to detect potential market abuse and irregular behaviour that may lead to regulatory / compliance issues.
- Escalate flagged messages to the Communications Surveillance escalation team for further review and follow up.
- Assist in business analysis and project related work for enhancements, changes, and new initiatives within the FM Trade Surveillance / Communications Surveillance space.
- Support any ad hoc data retrievals and reviews from source, ie Bloomberg Vault, Reuters Messenger Compliance Module, OCS, and Ice Chat.
- Perform periodic review and escalation of chat room administration and usage monitoring
- Perform periodic manual monitoring by reviewing and escalating to the relevant parties.
- Perform assessment and review of new channels / platforms
- Support the user update process as per Procedures (risk based algorithm).
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of our different Financial Markets asset classes.
- Understanding of our technology processes
- Understanding of Financial Markets operational processes.
- Sound technical background
- Some data and business analysis skills.
- Some project management skills.
- Surveillance, audit, or operational risk background.
- Strong Project management and/or process skills
- Systematic and logical with strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with granularity of issues
- Delivery of high quality work, in a limited amount of time
- Keen eye for detail.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong collaboration skills, especially with business and technology partners.
- Ability to handle sensitive material responsibly and is trustworthy with sensitive information.
- General understanding of the market conduct environment, but demonstrating a strong interest and appreciation in this area.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.