GCG - Regional Consumer In-Business AML Program Manager
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17048041
This critical role is responsible for driving the implementation of AML/KYC projects for the Regional Consumer Business across 17 markets in Asia and EMEA to support the AML Programs developed at a regional level to remediate the risks and gaps identified externally (by OCC and in country regulators) and internally (by businesses, AML, Compliance, Internal Audit), thereby materially raising the existing AML/KYC control standards for the Consumer Franchise.
The incumbent will drive implementation of these programs across Asia and EMEA Consumer businesses including analysis, reporting and prioritization of implementation phases based on business capabilities, risk-based analysis and local legal restrictions.
The role requires frequent interaction at Global, Regional and Country levels with Consumer Business, AML Compliance, Operations and Technology including Senior Management to ensure effective management oversight of key projects. The individual will also be responsible for working with the teams located in each of the markets, and liaising with various stakeholders on regulatory and global policy requirements and solutions related activities and keeping the Country and Regional Management updated on progress and escalations.
This role is part of the Regional Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) team and reports to the Regional Consumer In-Business AML and FATCA Controls Head.
- Translate the large number of AML Programs to each business specific needs (Retail, Cards and Citibusiness) supported by plans to be implemented across 17 markets in Asia and EMEA
- Lead the implementation, reporting and tracking of AML/KYC projects by developing project plans with detailed breakdown of activities and milestones demonstrating an understanding of the projects' interdependencies and key participants, and identifying staffing needs for UAT, training, resources, system and process implications and work with the business for its implementation.
- Drive quality enhancement and efficiency improvements in the execution of AML processes for the Consumer Business across the region
- Proactively drive implementation of AML programs across Asia Pacific working with global, regional and country compliance, business, AML, Operations and Technology.
- Understand and translate impact into consumer commitments for resources, systems, data privacy, data quality issues or any other issues arising during the planning and implementation phases.
- Partner closely with Country and Regional Business, Compliance, Operations and Technology teams to drive implementation of policies, standards and projects at regional and country levels.
- Support creation of project management framework at a regional level leveraging the infrastructure at global level to follow up the program progress and timely action on issues.
- Provide subject matter expertise advice, guidance and support to Country Consumer Business Support Units (CBSU)
- Support the remediation of AML related issues and data gaps identified through various sources and implement appropriate controls across all countries to prevent recurrence.
- Drive effective implementation of the AML Gold Copy Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) for Asia and EMEA Consumer business.
- Participate in 'health check' peer reviews on other countries' Consumer businesses and functions
The ideal Candidate would meet the following requirements:
- University graduate with at least 12 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Strong understanding of the Cards and Retail products and business, technology platforms and related systems (CitiKYC, Rainbow, RM, etc) and organizational processes
- Good understanding of Citi Global AML and Sanctions policies and control standards and related processes and systems
- Proven project management experience, with good planning and organizational skills and strong ability to take ownership and drive projects independently
- Proactive and resourceful problem solver who takes the lead to work with internal stakeholders in a collaborative manner to help deliver solutions that benefit the business
- Strong stakeholder management skills (e.g. written and verbal communication, influencing and negotiation) with ability to effectively interact with senior internal stakeholders and cross functional teams
- Demonstrate through delivery of projects the ability to motivate and influence business partners to deliver on milestones/commitments
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under multiple time zones and tight schedule
- Knowledge of data analysis and tools will be an asset