Cybersecurity - Digital Forensic and Incident Response
KPMG Cyber Forensic services cover key areas of vulnerability for private and public sector organisations and bring multi-disciplinary capabilities to bear on our clients' issues. We help organisations to investigate and evaluate suspected fraud or corruption and improve fraud and regulatory risk management.
We invite highly motivated and dynamic professionals to join our fast paced and growing practice. You will work with an experienced team of forensic professionals, cyber incident coordinators, security professionals, attorneys, and corporate partners.
The role involves:
• Utilising leading forensic software to identify, collect, preserve and analyse electronic data from laptops, desktops, servers, backup tapes, cell phones, PDAs and a wide variety of other media;
• Demonstrating proficient working knowledge in evidence handling, chain-of-custody, acquisition techniques, analysis of digital evidence, forensic lab practices and procedures;
• Support the team with managing multiple cyber-crime incidents and forensic investigations; and
• Strong background and experience in performing forensic work that requires use of various forensic tools to analyse and/or recover deleted or hidden files, complex forensic artefacts (e.g. internet history, unallocated/slack space, memory, registry, network logs, malware, etc).
The candidate should possess:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in computer forensics and technical investigations in legal or law enforcement, government investigation agencies, or professional services firm or forensic investigation consultant preferred;
• Bachelor's degree holder preferably in Information Technology, Computer Security, or Computer Science;
• Professional certifications such as EnCase Certified Examiner (Guidance Software), AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE), SANS GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE), GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA) or GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM);
• Understanding of information security, network architecture, general database concepts, document management, hardware and software troubleshooting, email systems such as Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office applications;
• Excellent programming languages such as: C#, Java, Python, Pearl, Bash scripting, PHP, etc;
• Strong knowledge and experience in UNIX, Linux, Windows and Mac operating systems;
• Strong team oriented work ethic with client centric focus;
• Excellent analytical and investigative skills;
• Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to interface with other parts of the organisation such as IT assurance and security and external clients; and
• Flexibility to meet travel requirements.
The successful candidate will be appointed to the rank appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant experience for Manager
- More than 8 years of relevant experience for Associate Director and Director