Senior Trade Middle Office Manager - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Trade Middle Office Manager.
In this role, you will
- To manage the receivable finance operations team effectively and within the set Group guidelines and parameters.
- Ensure all operational processes are robust and up to date.
- Investigate or response to client or relationship manager on operational issues.
- Communicate with correspondent factors on operational matters.
- Ensure rectification of credit control and operational issues, if any.
- Develop effective working relations with clients to ensure operational requirements or specific business practices and needs are adhered to.
- Ensure smooth implementation of new system, if any, as well as ongoing upgrades or enhancements.
- Coordinate with information technology support team on system upgrade, change control release and resolution of problems encountered.
- Deliver excellent customer service and provide top quality trade products or solutions to customers.
- Implementing, monitoring and fine tuning deliveries and service standards in the team to match or exceed the competition.
- Ensure all payments to clients are funded based on sufficient availability or excess has been pre approved.
- Ensure Electronic Data Interchange for Administration, Commerce and Transport messages are managed effectively.
- Monitor and report irregular or unusual client activity and debtor payment pattern to Relationship Managers or Head of Receivable Finance.
- Review of audit recommendations and ensure the recommendations are implemented in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- A Bachelor degree preferably in a business or related area.
- Relevant experience in Factoring or Receivable Finance operations function with supervisory experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Receivable Finance products, operations, Receivable Finance Cycle and customer service
- Good understanding of Customer Groups and supporting business initiatives.
- Good understanding of Operational Risk related to the underlying Receivable Finance Transactions.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- A good team player who possesses good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizing and time management skills.
- Can work independently and quickly, with good attention to detail and solutions oriented.
- Good command of spoken and written English desirable.
- Self motivated with initiatives to take on new and additional responsibilities.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009KFB
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited