Sanctions Compliance Officer
- Review and analyse transactions alerts escalated by various Business & Operations Units, with focus on trade finance products/services & cash management.
- Manage the AML/CFT & sanctions compliance risks through the development and implementation of policies, procedures, risk mitigating measures and controls for various areas of banking business and operations (including transaction filtering) and to ensure implementation aligned in Singapore and within the Group.
- Keep up-to-date on AML/CFT and sanctions laws, regulations and developments and updating the organization on such developments.
- Develop Sanctions/CFT training programs and to conduct training periodically.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Team Head, Group Sanction Team, Group Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
- A university degree in Accounting/Commerce/Economics/Finance, Banking, Engineering or Law or related discipline with at least 2 years post-qualification experience in compliance and anti-money laundering/counter terrorism financing compliance ("AML") with established financial institutions.
- Broad knowledge of business, operations and the AML/CFT regulatory framework in which bank groups operate.
- Strong understanding of the trade finance business and products, cash management services, transaction filtering and the ML/TF/Sanctions risks relating to bank business and operations.
- Familiar with SWIFT methodologies with focus on Trade & Payments Message Types.
- Strong analytical and clear thought process abilities.
- Strong written/drafting, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven with high level of initiative and follow through skills.
- Able to work independently as well as within a team.