Senior Consultant/Manager Advisory Services, Actuarial, General Insurance - Sydney
We are looking for actuaries and other quantitative professionals who are interested in growing their career in advising the financial services sector, specifically General insurance, within our growing Advisory practice. We are looking for talented professionals to join with varying levels of experience from two years plus.
These roles will sit within our General Insurance Actuarial Team and provide you with many opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience to deliver pragmatic commercial solutions to our corporate clients as well as provide policy and strategic advice to our government clients. You'll build valuable relationships with our financial services and government clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
Working in multidisciplinary teams, you'll contribute valuable insights across geographies and industries. You will access global innovation and experience that you will take to our international client base. In your role you will:
- Use your analytical skills and experience to help clients gain fresh insights to quantify their risk and improve their performance
- Be able to work in multi-disciplinary teams, valuing and interpreting other subject matter expertise to build new solutions for our clients
- Be able to interpret results from analysis to bring to light the issues that matter
- Develop your actuarial and consulting skillset by working with a number of senior actuaries across a range of projects, including business transformation, capital and risk management, pricing, product innovation, liability valuation and appointed actuary work
- Use your business experience and sound project management skills to frame advice in a way that is helpful for business results
- Develop relationships in the general insurance sectors and provide a high level of client service
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to manage projects, pursue new opportunities and develop and mentor junior staff as appropriate
- Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint knowledge
- Excellent analytical and structuring skills
- Good presentation skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience and interest in the general insurance sector across one or more of the following areas: product development and pricing, capital management, risk management, asset and liability valuation, CTP and Workers Compensation
- Analytical and other quantitative skills (Actuaries preferred, but not mandatory)
We're interested in flexible professionals, who are not afraid of challenges and think critically and creatively and who are used to working in a dynamic environment. You will make reasonable assumptions and present thoughts in a structured, well- articulated and unambiguous manner. If you have a strong desire to develop a career in business/consulting, then this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. Our structured career framework means you'll continue to develop, whatever level you're at. And with a truly global integrated network, you'll liaise with colleagues and clients across sectors and borders. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our actuarial practice based in Sydney includes over 100 actuarial professionals covering life insurance, superannuation, wealth management, general insurance, banking and wider practice areas. With a global actuarial network of almost 1,600 professionals around the world, we work across borders with many opportunities for global mobility assignments.
In today's complex business environment, developing a sound strategy using global insight and local reach is critical. As an actuarial professional, you'll work closely with clients' actuarial functions to assess their effectiveness and help them identify opportunities for improvement. Working alongside talented colleagues as part of a high-performing team, you'll help clients adopt new financial reporting standards and support mergers and acquisitions.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.