Retail Banking Financial Crime Risk & Compliance Manager
About the Retail Banking Financial Crime Risk & Compliance Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for establishing and managing the overall risk and control framework of the retail banking business by providing independent oversight, challenging and advising management and ensuring the effectiveness and robustness of the Retail Banking Financial Crime Risk & Compliance (RBFCRC) framework. You will also be responsible to support the Senior Manager with the overall RBFCRC function for the bank.
- Establishing, reviewing and implementing global AML and sanctions policies and procedures to ensure that the retail banking business's exposure to financial crime and reputational risks are managed
- Track the strategic implementation of an effective AML & sanctions controls framework within the retail banking business
- Ensure that periodic reviews, trigger reviews and ongoing monitoring activity for AML and sanctions is consistent with agreed time-lines
- Drafting and delivering appropriate training for retail banking employees based on gaps identified, compliance and audit findings
- Conducting regular briefings and / or branch intervention training to inculcate high financial crime compliance
- Adding value by applying operational experiences to formulate action plans and policies / procedures that are practical and ease of implementation for the network for effective compliance of financial crime risk policies and procedures
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, internally and externally, and across borders too.
- A minimum requirement of a Bachelor's degree with at least five years' experience in branch operation management & financial crime and compliance management in a retail banking environment
- Good understanding and knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations
- Knowledge of the audit management and facilitation process and experience in managing audit deliverables
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with a wide range of individuals and groups at different levels of seniority
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail combined with a strong delivery focus and the ability to meet aggressive time-frames with quality results
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and manage continually changing priorities effectively
- Project management skill will be an added advantage
This globally established financial institution requires no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate environment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Retail Banking Financial Crime Risk & Compliance Manager job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125