Senior Manager, Financial Reporting (IFRS9) - Malaysia
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• To provide leadership and to manage the submission of external and group management information reports (including the quarterly and year-end financial reporting - IFRS and GP8) on a timely basis. These include returns to the regulatory/statutory bodies, e.g. Bank Negara Malaysia, National Department of Statistics, Department of Unclaimed Monies, Inland Revenue Board, etc. To review, analyse and sign off returns to Bank Negara Malaysia.
• To undertake the advisory role to business managers on technical accounting, financial, management, compliance and regulatory issues.
• To implement new accounting standards and lead the submission of the bank's financial statements to Bank Negara Malaysia, responding to queries arising, ensuring accuracy and publication of the financial results in the local newspapers
• To review the consolidation of financial information done by the team on regular basis
• To perform substantive analysis on key movements of the financial statement on quarterly and yearly basis.
• To attend to Group or Regional Finance's ad hoc request and financial queries on timely basis.
• To maintain an on-going healthy relationship with Bank Negara Malaysia, ensuring that all regulatory compliance requirements and ad-hoc requests are met in a timely and accurate manner, hence protecting the bank's banking license.
• Manage the bank's management information systems, ensuring that the integrity of financial data is maintained and that such data are available to key users on a timely basis to support decision making.
• To liaise with the external auditors re audit of the financial statements, withholding tax, etc. To review the external audit report and liaise with business divisions/relevant parties within the bank for resolution of audit issues.
• Undertake any new initiatives aimed at enhancing the regulator relationship, the hub-spoke relationship, corporate governance, financial controls and statutory compliance management.
• To assist to perform detail cost analysis of the bank
• To support senior management to carry out special / ad-hoc projects where required.
• To assist to compile and review the bank's information/responses to be furnished to external rating agencies for the annual rating review exercise and to coordinate the preparation of meeting material for Senior Management
• Submission of financial reporting in a timely manner with analytical review completed and significant variances explained.
• Evidence of increasing financial controls awareness in other departments of the Bank. Identify gaps arising from implementation of the financial control policy and ensuring that all gaps are closed within a defined period of time.
• Identification of early warning trends and provision of effective remedial solutions.
• Management of staff to ensure deadlines are met timely while upholding quality.
• Identification of cost saving measures.
• 10-years of experience in Finance preferably in the banking industry. Open to pure Big4 background with strong IFRS9 knowledge or project involvement.
• Hands-on experience and highly knowledgeable in IFRS9.
• Professional accounting qualification is necessary.
• Mature individual with ability to drive projects and with good stakeholders management skills.
EA Reg no: R1659578
EA Licence No.: 11C4684
Company Reg. No.: 201131609D