Senior Consultant/Manager, Financial Services , Performance Improvement, Sydney
4 days left
EY are the only professional services organisation who have a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking and capital markets and insurance, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services to a range of high profile companies. Read on to see where a career with EY can take you!
Our Performance Improvement group assists our clients better align their organizations' operating infrastructures with their strategies. We have a broad range of capabilities to assist clients with operational improvement, profitability management, finance function activities, and business integration. Drawing on our local and global networks, you'll learn to adapt proven methodology and practices to fit different operational and cultural needs. Your knowledge, experience and skills will help to shape our services. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You'll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us. With access to talented leaders, formal learning and a wide variety of practical experience, you'll receive all the support you need to succeed. Your time will be dedicated to the following financial services industries; Banking & Capital Markets, Wealth & Asset Management and Insurance.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Building relationships is the key. You will be a high-profile contact when it comes to motivating client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds by fostering an innovative and inclusive team-orientated work environment. As you build knowledge and experience, you'll become a credible advisor within the organization as well as the clients.
• Help develop full scale operational and organisational transformations across our client's finance and operations functions
• Assist clients with business performance transformation through analytics enablement, growth/strategy, process improvement, cost reduction, and technology implementation
• Manage client stakeholder relationships
• Package overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products
• Act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging your knowledge and experience to meet client problems
• Lead small teams and workstreams
Skills and Attributes for Success
• Experience with the following areas: Finance Function Strategy, Finance Organizational Design and Development, Finance Operational Effectiveness, Finance and Operational Systems Effectiveness, Finance Systems Implementations and Management Information Decision and Support
• General interest in the financial services industry and staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
• Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services
• Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
• Interest in assisting clients transform their finance organisations
• Understanding our clients' unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
• Using your business experience and sound project management skills to frame advice in a way that is helpful to achieve business results
• Program management for large scale business transformation projects and programs
To qualify for the role you must have:
• A bachelor's degree and approximately 3-8 years of related work experience
• A degree in business, finance, accounting, computer science, engineering, or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred
• Experience working in Banking, Capital Markets, Wealth/Asset Management or Insurance,
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing industry and deep content knowledge in the Financial Services area
• suite products
What working at EY Offers:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.