Manager, Advisory Services, Actuarial, Life Insurance - Sydney
4 days left
- Tap into a network that will continuously open new doors
- Provide advice that makes a difference
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams with leading professionals on a range of different projects
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY and gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We are looking for actuaries and other quantitative professionals who are interested in growing their career in advising the financial services sector, specifically the life insurance, superannuation and wealth management sectors within our growing Advisory practice. We are looking for talented professionals to join with varying levels of experience from two years plus.
These roles will sit within our Life Insurance Actuarial Team and provide you with many opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience to deliver pragmatic commercial solutions to our clients. You'll build valuable relationships with financial services clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Working in multidisciplinary teams, you'll contribute valuable insights across geographies and industries. You will access global innovation and experience that you will take to our international client base.
In your role you will:
- Use your analytical skills and experience to help clients gain fresh insights to quantify their risk and improve their performance
- Be able to work in multi-disciplinary teams, valuing and interpreting other subject matter expertise to build new solutions for our clients
- Be able to interpret results from analysis to bring to light the issues that matter
- Develop your actuarial and consulting skillset by working with a number of senior actuaries across a range of projects, including business transformation, capital and risk management, pricing, product innovation, liability valuation and appointed actuary work
- Use your business experience and sound project management skills to frame advice in a way that is helpful for business results
- Develop relationships in the life insurance, superannuation and wealth management sectors and provide a high level of client service
We're looking for people with experience in the following areas:
- Analytical and other quantitative skills (Actuaries preferred, but not mandatory)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience and interest in the life insurance, superannuation or wealth management sectors across one or more of the following areas: product development and pricing, capital management, risk management, asset and liability valuation, embedded value reporting, unit pricing, superannuation and retirement incomes
- Ability to manage projects, pursue new opportunities and develop and mentor junior staff as appropriate
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our actuarial practice based in Sydney includes over 100 actuarial professionals covering life insurance, superannuation and wealth management, general insurance, banking and wider fields practice areas. With a global actuarial network of almost 1,600 professionals around the world, we work across borders with many opportunities for global mobility assignments.
In today's complex business environment, developing a sound strategy using global insight and local reach is critical. As an actuarial professional, you'll work closely with clients' actuarial functions to assess their effectiveness and help them identify opportunities for improvement. Working alongside talented colleagues as part of a high-performing team, you'll help clients adopt new financial reporting standards and support mergers and acquisitions.
Our structured career framework means you'll continue to develop, whatever level you're at. And with a truly global integrated network, you'll liaise with colleagues and clients across sectors and borders. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.