Senior Consultants - Financial Services Advisory - Risk Assurance
- Work with colleagues at the top of their game
- Develop skills you'll value for your entire career
- Tap into a network that will continuously open new doors
Do you enjoy helping clients manage data and improve risk management processes? Are you looking to leverage your practical experience in analysis /technology risk management/ assurance to build a career in financial services with a global professional services organisation? Do you aspire to be part of a high performing team delivering a range of assurance and advisory services?
We are looking for Senior Consultants to join the Risk team in our Financial Services Advisory business, focusing on data and technology risk management.
You'll have the opportunity of being part of high-performance teams delivering provide assurance, advice and practical solutions on data and technology risk management to blue-chip clients across our risk assurance, risk transformation, financial services risk management and internal audit disciplines. You'll also enjoy working with leading risk management and assurance practitioners, gaining valuable experience from working in banking and the wider financial services industry, and growing your career in professional services.
In this role, you will need to draw on your practical experience as an analyst or risk management professional, to provide innovative commercial services and solutions to clients in order to help them better manage their technology risks, and deliver high data quality assurance services.
We're looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Relevant experience in the banking, insurance and/or asset management industries preferred
- Awareness of operating models, business processes and supporting technology in financial services
- Awareness of the types and structure of business data (logical modeling), data mapping between systems and data patterns
- Awareness of database and data collection systems, data modelling, data analysis, data quality and issue management techniques
- Practical experience in technology risk management techniques, compliance guidelines and improvement processes
- Practical experience in delivering or project managing the assurance and assessment of technology risks, testing controls, and/or designing and implementing controls in business and technology environments
- Demonstrate problem solving and analysis skills through a sound understanding of risk management principles and ability to deliver actionable insights with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrable success within a high-performance professional services or corporate environment
- Graduate, post-graduate or equivalent qualifications in information technology, commerce and/or risk management, and relevant professional and technical qualifications (e.g. DMBok, PMP,COBIT Foundations, ITIL Foundations certifications and / or TOGAF)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, with an ability and willingness to articulate key findings and messages to the team and relevant stakeholders.
As a Senior Consultant, you'll:
- Work in high-performing multi-disciplinary teams, build internal networks, and supervise and coach staff
- Understand complex technology and business environments and solution designs, identify and rate risks, facilitate client workshops, and present risk profiles
- Design and implement tailored business and technology control treatments for both tactical and long-term solutions
- Evaluate and test controls, and support external audit evaluations of application and data controls and report integrity
- Develop business cases, plan and scope projects, manage stakeholders, and monitor and report delivery status
- Develop relevant recommendations and solutions to transform risk management and mitigate areas of risk and quality
- Develop client relationships, grow networks, and assist identifying and converting engagement opportunities
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
You know what your goals are. We want to help you reach them. This is why our goal is to challenge you with opportunities that utilise your unique talents, interests and skills. Building on your strengths is just one more way we build a better working world. Our goal is to help you achieve yours. Create the career you want and apply today.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ernst & Young or by their external third party provider.
- © 2016 Ernst & Young. All Rights Reserved.