Tax Grants / R&D Team, Senior Executive
The firm's specialist R&D Group comprises engineers, software programmers and scientists as well as specialist finance professionals such as auditors and tax accountants, all of whom are experienced in tax incentives and grants for innovative companies.
The team Innovation and Technology team provide the following services:
- R&D tax relief
- R&D Allowances (RDAs)
- Patent Box
- International R&D relief
- Involvement in and eventual management of the grant application process.
- Building and developing effective working relationships with colleagues, intermediaries and other networks to develop further opportunities and business over time
- Undertaking technical and financial assessments and producing technical and financial summaries
- Reviewing technical assessments prepared by other members of the team
- Ensuring grant projects meet the requirements of the grant provider's guideline and state aid legislation
- Preparing grant applications including necessary appendices, project planning and budgeting to maximise the client's chances of success
- Project management of grant applications such as liaison with clients and colleagues to ensure applications are optimised and deadlines are met
- First point of contact with client and various executives from key grant issuing bodies
- Where grant applications are under the assessment phase, coordinating necessary information to streamline the approval process
- A holder of a recognised Science or Engineering Postgraduate Degree
- Previous experience of grant applications in a relevant science or engineering sector and/or academic environment would be compulsory
- A business degree and/or other finance degree/qualification would be an advantage (but not necessary)
- Excellent knowledge of Innovate UK, Local grant funding (RGF, LEP Growth funding) as well as European grants
- Proven experience of managing several projects simultaneously, and experience in working within a business unit with internal and external clients
An exciting and growing team. A supportive environment with true progression in this new focus for the team.