Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Executive Chairman and works in partnership with the Board of Directors to ensure the success of the company. Together with the Board, the CEO shall assure the accomplishment of the company’s vision, mission and commercial goals as well as the company’s relevance to the community. The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the CEO.
The role holder shall chair the company’s Executive Committee and as such make enterprise-wide contribution.
- Leads the definition and communication of the company’s vision and mission
- Lead the definition and execution of the company’s overall strategy.
- Defines and enforces the required governance model.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the financial performance of the company, ensuring the accomplishment of the company’s yearly budget.
- Ultimately responsible for the end-to-end management of the company’s operations.
- Ensures that critical company-wide milestones are accomplished.
- Manage, guide and support all Heads of Departments as required.
- Foster cross-functional coordination and cross-collaboration.
- Assures organizational stability through the development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
- Assures process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff.
- Acts as the chief spokesperson and advocate within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to the company, its services and customers.
- Recommends staffing requirements and financing to the Board of Directors. In accordance with Board action, recruits personnel, negotiates professional contracts, and sees that appropriate salary structures are developed and maintained.
- Works with the Board President / Chair to enable the Board fulfill its governance functions.
- Helps the Board monitor and evaluate the company’s relevance to the community, its effectiveness, and its results.
- Closely coordinate with government agencies such as regulatory bodies, tax authorities etc. ensuring the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Identify, formalize and nurture strategic relationships.
- Identify, evaluate and execute alternative business opportunities aligned with the company’s strategy.
- Share experience and knowledge to provide guidance and build intellectual capital.
- The company’s overall operations and financial health.
- Financial management.
- People management.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Meeting Key Performance Indicators
- Establishes a collaborative culture through openness and shared actions to ensure long term partnerships.
- Systems thinker who is customer focused and goal driven.
- Identifies relevant information and helps transform this information into individual and organizational knowledge and learning
- Has a clear view of where the organization needs to go and sets a strategy to achieve the outcome.
- Actively involves and leads a team with joint plans and accountability; resolves issues in collaborative problem solving.
- Translates broad goals into achievable steps
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with some Communications emphasis
- Masters’ degree in Business Administration
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The candidate should have a depth and breadth of experience and proven record of success in a job with similar scope within a fast paced national or international business.
- Substantial prior experience in managed services and telecommunications with an emphasis on wireless broadband
- The candidate must have a proven record of leading teams and managing through ambiguity.
- An orientation toward marketing, with the ability to define new products and proactively drive them into the market is essential.
- Strong results orientation, with this ability to achieve the expected levels of business performance and create a platform for rapid future growth.
- Sound working knowledge of Telco/Hosting/Shared Services type solutions is essential,
- Proven ability to pull together multiple ICT offering and require continual cooperation with multiple parties to create and deliver to client.
- The candidate must be a high calibre individual with the leadership maturity to be able to manage themselves, manage a multi-disciplined team, interact and influence with both internal and external stakeholders in the telecommunications, engineering, technology or construction industries.
- The candidate must have the ability to discuss and negotiate commercial outcomes with a strong commercial knowledge and business awareness, having applied them in a “grey” and dynamic environment within the technology or telecommunications industry.
- Significant experience at the strategic level managing multi-functional and complex commercial relationships, preferably in an outsourced or managed services environment with a focus on the development and implementation of merger and acquisition strategies and frameworks that align with the commercial and industry value drivers whilst supporting achievement of the Business Plan.
- Share experiences and knowledge with colleagues and internal organizations to build intellectual capital and showcase thought leadership
- The right candidate will be energized by being able to achieve outcomes in an environment of managing complex stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in West Africa
- Experience with startup operators
Board of Directors
Keep Board informed of significant financial and governance issues, identify strategic leverage opportunities
Provide strategic analysis and advice
All Chief and Director level Management
Provide strategic analysis and advice
Harmonize Department Functions
General Managers in Commercial & Technical Organizations
Financial and commercial strategies and decisions evaluation and pursuit of opportunities
Senior Stakeholders at Telcos, Infrastructure and Media providers
Strategic relationship management
Regulatory and strategic relationship management