Assistant Business Standards Manager - HSBC Insurance
If you're looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong's largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Business Standards Manager.
In this role, you will
- Provide support on Global Standards Business As Usual activities within the Business Standards team to achieve the Financial Crime Compliance and key Regulatory Compliance agenda for the Hong Kong Insurance business
- Management and improvement of Special Categorized Customers and Politically Exposed Persons registers ensuring accurate and complete information to provide robust Management Information for management oversight
- Support the Hong Kong Insurance Customer Selection and Exit Management Secretariat including: collection and processing all required client information to ensure the efficient decision making. Maintenance of Customer Selection and Exit Management Secretariat master lists, Management Information consolidation and Customer Selection and Exit Management Secretariat committee agenda preparation
- Support the management of Anti Money Laundering and Sanctions related Functional Instructional Manuals or policy updates within Hong Kong Insurance team
- Generate Management Information reports on a predetermined frequency ensuring governance adherence
- Identify opportunities for improving data management and consistency
- Involvement in other Business Standards initiatives, Management Information requests, and governance pack preparation, as required. Areas may include the business conduct agenda.
- Build strong relationships with relevant business and functional areas, develop a positive working relationship enabling a collaborative approach
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University Degree Holder
- Solid years of working experience in Customer or Client Services, Customer Due Diligence, Policy Servicing, or Compliance within the Insurance or Financial Institutions settings
- Strong understanding in Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance, Anti Money Laundering and Due Diligence
- Good Understanding of HSBC strategy, organization, systems and processes
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to evolving and changing priorities
- Drive and motivation to ensure delivery in a challenging environment
- Ability to deliver under pressure with high degree of accuracy and tight deadlines
- Proactive team player with solid abilities to work independently as well as strong attentions to details
- Ability to work well and communicate within a multicultural work environment
- Articulate in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin is an advantage
- Computer literate. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is a must.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009KDY
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited