Senior Policy and Risk Governance Manager - Global Risk
If you're looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Policy and Risk Governance Manager.
In this role, you will
- Support coordination and standardisation of employee lending credit policy and governance across the Asia Pacific countries.
- Act as the primary advocate between region and country teams to ensure effective implementation of the employee lending credit policies across Asia Pacific countries.
- Work with Human Resources, Retail Banking Wealth Management as the risk owner and monitor the employee lending portfolio, standardise policies and process and provide annual reporting to the regional governing committees.
- Establishing and managing the credit risk principles for employee lending across Asia Pacific countries and Identifying where the risks exist as a result of employee lending portfolio.
- Determining the administration and ongoing maintenance of employee lending loans.
- Effectively lead, coordinate, and manage senior management at all levels in driving key initiatives, changes, and monthly reporting processes for employee lending portfolio across Asia Pacific.
- Support the Regional Head of Policy and Risk Governance to coordinate and execute regional initiatives across Asia Pacific markets.
- Assist with the Regional oversight of audits, regulatory requirements, and governance processes in relation to Retail Credit. Ensure proper controls and monitoring process are in place to provide early warnings on risks and performance issues.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University graduate with extensive years of senior management experience within the financial services arena, preferably in Risk Management, Business Administration or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Experience in implementing a control framework, preferably in personal financial services and credit related discipline.
- Experience in a risk governance roles, or experience with risk strategy and policy setting.
- Experience in risk management reporting and management committee coordination.
- Understanding Risk and making decisions in highly complex situations where there are potentially major consequences for the business.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skill, be able to work as a team. Capability to communicate effectively.
- Be able to work independently and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate a high degree of organisation skills.
- Capability to coordinate and manage stakeholders at all levels and be able to engage and influence senior management where necessary
- Strong background in credit risk management and credit policy
- Be able to build a partnership and engagement model with businesses or functions
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009JN1
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited