Senior Legal Counsel - Global Legal
If you're looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group's reputation by helping to future-proof the organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Legal Counsel.
In this role, you will
- Providing legal advice to Retail Banking and Wealth Management business on legal issues and risks arising out of their business in Hong Kong.
- Working with other second line of defense functions to identify and manage the risk arising out of Retail Banking and Wealth Management business in Hong Kong.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for Wealth Management business in Hong Kong.
- Liaising with Group and Regional Retail Banking and Wealth Management Legal and other lines of business in Hong Kong as necessary in relation to Wealth Management business in Hong Kong.
- Recommend, select and supervise outside counsel as appropriate.
- Ensure positive relationships are maintained with panel law firms and other appropriate external parties.
- Assist the Line Managers in monitoring the implementation of Legal risk in Hong Kong, management policies and controls related to Retail Banking and Wealth Management business in Hong Kong.
- Assist the Line Managers in monitoring the resourcing, costs and spend related to Retail Banking and Wealth Management within the Legal Function and more widely across HSBC.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Qualified lawyer with extensive post qualification experience
- Experienced and confident practitioner
- Up to date knowledge of developments in own industry sector
- Able to handle a diverse range of issues
- Self starter, independent with good organisational skills
- Communication and inter-personal skills
- Lateral thinking and problem solving ability
- Stamina and ability to work under pressure
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009L5N
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited