Documentation Officer, Global Markets Operations
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
Officer Capital Market for paper confirmation
The officer will be in charge of handling different documentation process liaising with sales, trading, relationship managers, trade processing team and legal team. He/She will be in charge of liaising with clients to ensure the good execution of all confirmations
Its Primary responsibilities are to perform day-to-day trade confirmation drafting and execution
The team works closely with other Trade Processing teams and Front Office to ensure timely communication for any non -executed confirmations
Also in the light of EMIR regulation and risk reduction, the target is to match all confirmations within one day and globally to reduce the outstanding confirmations delay.
To draft confirmations with counterparts for wide range of Products including Vanilla Options, Equities Swaps, Variance Swaps, Knock-out Forwards, exotic swaps, exotic options etc.
- To perform final verification of the trade economics before sending the final confirmation to counterparts
- To support secondary events during the product life cycle such as Novation, Early Termination, etc.
- To closely comply with EMIR, FED and Dodd-Franck regulation
- To follow up any type of amendments requests
Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
Key results areas:
- Customer Services
- To be customer-focused and maintain a high quality services standard
- Permanent Control Aspects
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
- Do regular regulatory reports.
Continuous Control & Improvement:
- To closely monitor the trade volumes and outstanding confirmations and escalate issues/concerns to the line managers
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
- Contribute in providing guidance to ISPL
- Participate to global projects related to any Documentation processes improvements.
- Active follow up on updating procedures of Documentation processes.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Computer skills is highly a must.
- Fluent English
- Organized & good resistance to stress
- Attention to detail: the confirmation is the ultimate document which bind the bank with the counterparty, 100% correct is non-negotiable
- Self-discipline & autonomy: Each team member has its own portfolio of clients, which need to be managed efficiently. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
- Adaptability & Change Management: Ability to easily adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage…) as this is a constant changing environment
- Strong Client Focus: Client is at the center of all our concerns. All team members are in touch on daily basis with clients from its portfolio. The balance between EMIR regulation and client's satisfaction is a constant challenge. Being able to implement a strong and effective relationship with counterparties, in order to meet as much as possible regulatory requirements
- Escalation & Reporting process: all team members need to closely follow escalation rules in place with all different stakeholders. This is only thanks the strictly compliance to those rules that we can achieve EMIR targets. Being able to efficiently raise to manager issues encountered on a daily basis, even if those are not forecasted in existing processes
- 3 years' experience at least in Documentation or in operations
- Bachelor or Master Degree on Economics, Mathematics or Finance