Associate, Regulatory Support - Banking
If you're looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Our sector-focused Banking relationship managers provide a single coverage point for multi-national clients. With our global capabilities and footprint, vast expertise and local knowledge, our Banking teams connect clients to the products and services that meet their global financial needs.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Associate, Regulatory Support.
In this role, you will
- The Regulatory Business Support team within Client Management Group provides end to end solutions to complex regulatory requirements including the delivery of on boarding controls, coordination of regulatory remediation programmes and guidance to clients on regulatory requirements.
- The role is to support the business by leading the local teams in carrying out remediation exercise according to the project plan. In longer term, the role will expand to cover other client management activities.
- Driving operational readiness for new regulations with impact to Global banking and Markets business in supporting of Regulatory Compliance in remediation, governance, targeting operating model, process efficiency and optimal offshore utilization
- Implementing controls in onboarding process and throughout the client life cycle to ensure regulatory compliance, monitoring the effectiveness of the controls and driving continuous improvements
- Communicating key regulatory updates to the Banking Coverage and Client Management Group teams in Asia Pacific
- Guiding clients and client facing teams through complex regulatory requirements
- Representing the Banking and Client Management Group teams in global, regional and local regulatory projects as subject matter expert
- Escalate any challenges and issues encountered on behalf of the respective local teams
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Relevant years of operational experience in client onboarding or middle office or client servicing or compliance or operations in financial institution for Investment Banking
- Demonstrated knowledge on regulatory requirements
- Strong operational and control experience gained in Investment Banking environment preferred
- Proven track record of working closely with key business users both client facing and back-office
- Prior experience working with diverse and geographically dispersed business teams
- Prior experience in managing a team is preferred
- Strong Microsoft word and excel Office Skills
- Experience in trade reporting or regulatory reporting management reporting
- An excellent communicator with strong oral and written skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible worker who demonstrates adaptability
- Able to work under tight deadlines. Will commit to delivery on time
- Able to work as part of a team and independently under minimal supervision
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009KE9
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited