Semi - Senior Accountant £22,000 - £25,000 + study support
Semi - Senior Accountant
Robert Half are recruiting a Semi-Senior Accountant to join a small practice based in South Bristol. This is the perfect role for someone who is looking to progress their career within a unique environment with a very charismatic team. The role is paying up to £25,000 and benefits include study support for the right candidate- and a very friendly office dog!
As the Semi-Senior accountant you will be supporting the co-director in the production of the accounts. Your main responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the preparation of accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships
- Bookkeeping including preparing and filing VAT returns and set-up of records for clients on bookkeeping software
- Preparing payroll including collating information, adding new joiners and preparing P45's for leavers, calculating and monitoring holiday pay, processing tax coding notices, communication with HMRC on behalf of employers, payroll submission (FPS and EPS)
- Keeping up to date with legislation including national minimum wage, employment allowance.
- Calculating and advising on statutory pay, answering queries from clients and their staff promptly
- Providing advice about tax and national insurance
- Processing deductions from earnings.
- Preparing and filing P11D forms.
The company are a well-established practice based in South Bristol. Although they are a small business with only 7 in their team, they have over 700 clients all over the country and even some abroad- therefore, are looking for someone to assist with the workload. Their amount of time in business has allowed them to build strong, lasting relationships with their clients and have a real family-feel environment.
- Experience of using SAGE 50
- Previous experience working within an accounting practice 2-3yrs+
- Eagerness to learn and a proactive approach
- Ability to work unaccompanied
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- £22,000 - £25,000
- Study support for the right individual
- Working with a gorgeous, friendly office dog
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.