An Assistant Accountant position at a Financial Services firm based in the City of London.
The opportunity provides full study support alongside exceptional career progression.
The company offer an investment platform and mainly focus on Pension Funds.
Specifically responsible for the management of suspense accounts, bank accounts, balance sheet account reconciliations, the management of invoices (both payable and receivable) and monthly processing to the Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the processing and reconciliation of all bank and premium entries onto the ledger.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of ISL Suspense accounts.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of all bank accounts & associated cashbooks held by IS Group.
- Processing of fund information on a daily basis to enable reconciliation from this information.
Accounts Receivable \ Payable
- Raising of purchase orders for ongoing or specific costs as required.
- Progression of invoices received for payment, including logging, obtaining authorisation and monitoring of payments.
- Raising of invoices for issue from information provided by either the Investment Administration team or the Financial Controller or Finance Director.
- Monitoring and management of outstanding debtors, inclusive of a credit control function where applicable.
Month End Processing
- Responsibility for all month end processing requirements.
- Responsibility for ensuring the receipt of all required information to fully complete month end processing requirements.
- Production of monthly Board Pack, inclusive of monthly and YTD commentaries.
- Completion of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations for all companies within the IS Group.
- Quarterly production of financial packs for submission to group companies.
- Involvement within the audit process.
- Any other tasks reasonably requested by management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Looking to train or training for CIMA or ACCA accountancy qualification.
- Ideally 18 month's experience within a finance environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows, specifically with respect to MS Excel.
- Communication, Persuasion & Interpersonal Skills
- The ability to communicate effectively to others both verbally and in writing including telephone skill.
- Team player
- Supports & works towards team objectives by sharing information and actively building relationships with team
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and across all departments
- Attention to Detail
- Self Management, Organisation & Planning
- Personal Drive & Commitment
- The existence of a positive 'can-do' mentality, anxious to find ways round obstacles and willing to exploit all of the available resources in order to accomplish objectives.
- Recommends ways to improve the efficiency of effectiveness of processes and the use of resources
The successful candidate will receive £25,000-£28,000 with full study for ACCA or CIMA.