Head of Finance
The Field Studies Council (FSC) is the UK’s leading charity provider of outdoor environmental education for schools, colleges and universities. Each year more than 140,000 people benefit from our work, mainly through attending courses at our UK wide network of 23 Centres.
The new post of Head of Finance will have responsibility for the provision, development and delivery of management accounting information across FSC. The post-holder will be part of the Operational Management Team, have line management responsibility for the Finance Team and be part of the Charity’s on-call team. They will work closely with the Directors and the Head of Digital Services, Head of HR, Heads of Centres and the Finance Team.
- Providing up to date performance and management information to the Operational Management Team and others.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with Heads of Centres and their finance staff to support them in sound budget setting, monitoring, cash flow and expenditure control.
- Line managing staff within the Head Office finance team.
- Attending and presenting papers to FSC Committees and meetings as required.
- Working with relevant staff to develop and implement new integrated systems to improve efficiency
- Ensuring that FSC management accounting systems provide timely and accurate information to meet statutory reporting requirements.
- Working with the Finance Director to ensure that FSC’s medium and long term strategic financial needs are adequately resourced
- Making recommendations to the Directors on policies and procedures in the area of management accounting and implementing policies and procedures agreed by the Directors or FSC Trustees in these areas.
We welcome applications from experienced individuals with the passion to help our Charity succeed.
The closing date is 12 noon on Monday 21st August 2017
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Head Office, Shrewsbury, Shropshire on Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th August 2017.
Please visit our website for full job information, application form and details of how to apply: www.field-studies-council.org/vacancies