Sapa Building Systems are looking for a Financial Controller to join the team in this exciting newly created opportunity.
Reporting into the Financial Director, this is a fantastic growth opportunity for a Financial Controller who is ambitious and looking for progression.
The Sapa Building Systems brand is a major force in the UK fenestration industry. They offer a wide range of innovative aluminium building systems and solutions for curtain walling and fades, doors, windows and specialist applications. The 116,000–square foot state–of–the–art premises in Tewkesbury features a bespoke training centre, conference facilities, extensive R&D – and a showroom with their latest products.
Sapa Building Systems is part of Sapa, which is the world leader in aluminium solutions, shaping a lighter future through a global reach and local presence within extrusions, building systems and precision tubing. Sapa has 23,500 employees in more than 40 countries, with headquarters in Oslo, Norway.
Reporting into the Financial Director, this is a fantastic growth opportunity for a Financial Controller which will require the individual to be hands–on and develop the Management Reporting for the business. The role will suit an individual looking to develop their skills into a broader Financial Controller role, with clear progression within the business for the future.
As the Financial Controller you will be expected to proactively develop financial systems and reports to deliver better quality management information. You will ensure financial controls are in place and adhered to at all times as well as supporting the successful SAP implementation. You will demonstrate credibility and depth of experience within a manufacturing environment to lead a small finance team. Your sound technical and analytical skills will be complemented by a commercial outlook and a strong desire to add value to the organisation, whilst progressing further within the company.
· Management of the end–to–end production of monthly management accounts
· Provide insightful financial input into monthly financial reporting requirements
· Analysis and reporting on profitability and performance by job – Review of the day–to–day financial ledgers and reconciliations
· Intercompany transaction accounting
· Cost of sales validation
· Annual budget preparation
· Year-end procedures including preparation of audit pack
· Statutory accounts completion
· Tax analysis
· Ad hoc projects
The ideal candidate will be Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA. A self-starter, technically strong, dynamic, commercially astute and team oriented. The right candidate for the position will:
· A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA)
· Experience using SAP would be desirable
· Ideally knowledge of HFM, (Hyperion Financial Management)
· Ideally knowledge of Salesforce
· Microsoft Power BI knowledge would be helpful, but not essential.
· Good all–round management accounts experience
· Experience of a manufacturing environment
· IT literacy including Word, Excel, PowerPoint (high proficiency in excel and intermediate skills in PowerPoint are essential)
· Good communication skills
· Excellent analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
· A "can do" attitude, always looking to improve the status quo
· A desire [and a will] to be best in class
· Flexibility to cope with peaks in workload around month end
· Travel within the UK and, on a limited basis, overseas is a requirement of the role
Up to £60,000 (dependent on experience) + benefits
Hays Recruitment have been retained exclusively by Sapa Building Systems, any third party or direct applications will be forwarded to Andrew Piercy - Hays Senior Finance.
For more information about the role please visit the dedicated microsite: hays.co.uk/jobs/sapa-building-systems/index.htm