The Manager's primary responsibility is to assist in managing the Global Outsourcing & Accounting teams.
- The Manager's primary responsibility is to assist in managing the Global Outsourcing & Accounting team on a day-to-day basis. The Manager will work as part of a dedicated team and will take responsibility for running the project, to ensure services are provided to the client effectively and efficiently.
- The manager will be a point of escalation both internally and for the client, and will confidently deal with difficult situations. They will manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collections within the firm's criteria.
- The manager should also be actively involved in business development, and should actively seek opportunities to grow the business.
- Manage client assignments, which include determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Assist in managing the overall team on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead implementations and project start-ups.
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Project Director and Partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Ensure that the firm's risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collections within the firm's criteria.
- Share knowledge within the team and facilitate research and personal development.
- Capture client feedback and ensure it is addressed and effectively communicated to the Global Outsourcing team.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take point responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for Global Outsourcing, and inform the Partner and client. Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products and services.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees).
- Work as part of management team with other Global Outsourcing managers (e.g. resource planning, merit rate meetings and efficiency improvements).
- Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients' business.
- Keep up to date with industry developments including technical guidance.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for Global Outsourcing, and inform the Partner and client. Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- Have a good understanding of the business/GO strategy, both long term & short term, and cascade this within the team.
- Take responsibility for managed targets.
- Be proactive in driving forward business development.
- Participating in recruitment activities.
- Supervise, coach, motivate and develop junior members of staff within team.
- Delegate work appropriately to the team.
- Be a counselling manager.
- Involvement in department meetings and act as chair of some meetings.
- Work alongside Directors to lead at least one non-client project/ad-hoc piece of work.
- ACCA, ACA, or CIMA qualified
- Solid and demonstrable Management Accounting experience
- Ideally will have a Private Practice background with some Industry experience.
- Solid previous people management experience is a must
- Role is client facing so candidates must have strong communication skills