Accounts Payable Clerk
An excellent opportunity has arisen to work within a globally recognised Manufacturing and Production company, based in Hitchin. They are one of the top companies in the global market for security and access solutions, with presence in over 30 countries. They are currently looking to hire an Accounts Payable Clerk, with an immediate start and competitive salary.
Being a global leader in the manufacturing industry, our client has a long tradition excelling in innovation and engineering with presence in over 30 countries worldwide. Our client is looking for a dynamic and organised Accounts Payable Clerk to become part of their team in Hitchin on a temporary to permanent basis. The ideal candidate will have strong administration skills and previous experience working in a fast paced environment. If successful in this role, you will be working for a high-performing global enterprise with excellent opportunities for career growth and development.
As an Accounts Payable Clerk working on a temporary to permanent basis, your duties will include:
- Processing invoices
- Gaining authorisation for payment - liaising with department heads/ purchasers to approve price and quantity, checking that goods have arrived and are in good condition etc - if problems exist ensuring that relevant credit notes are raised.
- Responsible for checking any discount available is taken
- Deciding when to pay the invoice according to criteria laid down by the Supervisor/ Accountant
- Processing the payment run either by BACs payments, cheque runs, or CHAPS payments
- Matching payments to invoices
- Producing Aged Creditor Report, highlighting any outstanding invoices left on the account that need payment
- Supplier Statement Reconciliation
- Paying Overheads
- Processing Expenses
- Handling Petty Cash
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Experience in processing invoices and making payments
- Experience in working with SAP or another large ERP system
- Experience working within a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills
- Between £10-£14 per hour, depending on experience
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Once permanent, access to extensive benefit package, including bonus