Robert Half are currently exclusively recruiting for an ambitious and dynamic Assistant Accountant/Finance Assistant for an industry leading Telecommunications/Distribution business based near Salford. This role is paying up to £26,000 + the potential for study support upon passing probation.
They are ideally looking for an AAT Qualified or ACCA/CIMA P/Q candidate who has solid experience within Transactional Finance, and is now looking to gain further experience in this field.
- Reconciling of all inventory purchase orders and raising any queries with the relevant buyer responsible for the account.
- Resolving queries involving stock where necessary and ensuring supplier accounts are kept as up to date as possible.
- Process all Company expense invoices, obtaining the appropriate authorisation and purchase orders where needed.
- Reconciling and processing of all credit notes received.
- Reconciliation of all supplier statements on a monthly basis, ensuring all items are on the purchase ledger account and requesting copies of any missing items.
- Processing and maintaining monthly pay schedules including automated, manual and international payments.
- Assist with reconciling sales deals and promotions and ensuring the correct audit trail is available.
- Allocation of direct debit and international payments including any bank charges incurred.
- Assist with stock re-evaluations and supplier rebates.
- General housekeeping of the ledgers in order to keep the ledgers as clean and tidy as possible.
- Month end procedures and accruals.
- Communicate with suppliers any discrepancies and invoice queries, requesting credit notes where necessary.
- Maintain and resolve any UP unconfirmed issues on a monthly basis.
- Annual archiving of the purchase ledger files.
- Training for other areas of finance
- Invoice Preparation
- Accounts Reconciliation
- Journal preparation - accruals/prepayments etc.
- Finance Reporting
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.