Finance Business Partner
New opportunity within a leading retail bank to join a high performing team looking to develop a business partnering function which will be solely focussed on engaging exec level stakeholders to communicate high level analysis.
My client are a leading retail bank with a large finance team based in Bristol. Following a takeover they have had a particularly interesting last couple of years, with further organisational changes afoot which are likely to mean exciting developments for this team and role. They are looking to split apart this particular team, forming a dedicated function of business partners whose sole responsibility will be delivering insights and influencing decisions at the highest level.
The role will initially have ownership of monthly finance reporting and forecasting within defined business-wide cost bases. There will be increasing opportunities to contribute to ad-hoc projects and provide analytical support and evaluation as you help build the business partner offering.
You may find yourself supporting key stakeholders within marketing, digital or people development teams, or advising senior figures on how best to manage their resource costs.
- Develop our business partnering support, engaging with departmental Heads and Directors to influence decision making
- Lead production of monthly cost reports and forecasts
- Manage the preparation of the relevant annual operating expenses budget and medium term plan, interacting with key stakeholders to gain support from the Bank's Executives
- Support the Senior Manager to ensure delivery of team outputs and provide cover when the Senior Manager is absent
- Support the Senior Manager with ad hoc projects. Recent examples include supporting Customer Operations to understand the impact of business or regulatory change on resource and building a post implementation review for a substantial contract amend to one of the bank's key marketing suppliers
- Identify improvements during migration to new IT platform
- Qualified Accountant
- Must have prior business partnering experience
- Must have an ambitious and pro-active attitude, with evidence of progression and having gone above and beyond throughout your career
- Flexible attitude to work - happy dealing with a level of ambiguity, with no necessity for role to have strictly defined parameters
- Providing Insight & solutions - through analysis, identify how Bank can manage risks or opportunities to improve current approach
- Communication & impact - deliver the outputs of analysis confidently, influencing senior stakeholders to support decision making
- Delivering results - understands the impact of insight and decisions. Strives to consistently meet and exceed standards, engaging the team and our stakeholders to drive the business forward.
- Managing relationships - able to build and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders, nurturing positive working relationships
This role will pay an extremely competitive basic salary, plus an exceptional benefits package involving bonus, car allowance and flexible benefits.