Mainframe Network Engineer
• IBM Mainframe Software Engineer.
• Responsible for planning, installing and maintenance of z/OS network related software components.
· Responsible for problem management and problem determination of assigned software. Must be able to write network design and implementation concept documents.
· Responsible for the z/OS network components in the mainframe area.
Experience and background required:
• Expert skills in z/OS TCP/IP and VTAM network architecture, design & implementation.
• At least 5-7 years of experience in the area of mainframe network design and maintenance.
• SMP/E and working with the z/OS operating system is an absolute must.
• Hands on person with an overwhelming aim to serve and support the customer, when problems appear.
Special Skills required:
• Experience in software development/deployment on z/OS operating system up to z/OS Rel. 1.13
• Expert skills in TSO/ISPF, REXX, z/OS and its subsystems are essential (base: z/OS Systems
• Engineering) and the Microsoft Office Palette
• Skills in using and configuring/maintaining of the following software components are essential:
Ø NetView, TCP/IP and all its subcomponents like: TCPSMTP, TCPFTP, TCPNFS etc.
Ø Expert knowledge of TELNET, (IBM) Session Manager, Network Monitoring concepts and protocol knowledge of TCP, UDP, ICMP etc.
Ø Understand the concepts of dynamic routing (e.g. OSPF)
Ø Knowledge of most common used Hardware components, like:
• OSA express adapaters, Switches and Routers
• Team Player, Initiative and customer oriented thinking, must perform independently
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.