Foreign Exchange Product Controller
Product Control Analyst - Foreign Exchange
Globally Product Control is responsible for the independent oversight and financial control of the Global Markets business. Responsibility includes oversight of all daily P/L production and analysis including attribution and commentary, month end accounting, General Ledger balance sheet reconciliations and other special tasks of the business across the full product range.
The Foreign Exchange Product Control team is made up of experienced Product Accountants with backgrounds across Markets businesses in a range of institutions globally.
About the role
The product controllers mandate is maintain a strong control framework around daily P&L and financial reporting. In addition, developing relationships with Front Office (& other stakeholder areas) and promote PCG as a trusted and respected business partner.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of daily P&L reports
- Analysis and interpretation of daily results including; substantiation of P&L against risk measures and market movements; and investigating variance to trader estimate
- Liaise with Front Office, Operations, Market Risk, and other stakeholders to resolve issues
- Involvement in tactical and strategic projects including design, testing and implementation
- Partner Front Office on strategic desk initiatives
- Assistance in preparation of statutory and regulatory reports including analysis and commentary
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of product source system data interfacing the general ledger
- Balance sheet substantiation
- Ongoing enhancements to improve efficiency and controls and add value to the business
To be successful in this role you will have:
- CA/CPA qualified
- Graduate studies in Business, Finance, Mathematics or related discipline
- post qualification experience in product control viewed favourably
- Solid understanding of markets business, valuation and IFRS
- Strong numeracy, PC and GL systems and reporting skills
- Highly numerate with excellent understanding of financial products including derivatives and associated pricing
- Working knowledge of and experience in applying accounting standards
- Broad product experience across asset classes, ideally including Commodities specific experience.
- Strong understanding of valuation concepts and methodologies
- Customer focused and outcome driven and drives an organisational culture that values customers and delivers customer satisfaction
- Understands business drivers and providing genuine business valued output and analysis and interactively forms ‘business partnerships' with other professionals
- Actively builds relationships within and across business streams, functional areas and regions
- Commitment to project and organisational goals
- Empowering others to take actions that support the transformation the finance function and the Group's vision and values
- Exhibiting a high level of energy and excitement about the finance functions opportunities and challenges
- Excellent Communication skills
- Awareness of industry changes and research literature and ability and willingness to educate others and propose adoption in the context of the CBA model
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.