ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTS SUPERVISOR
To provide accounts and tax compliance / advice to a portfolio made up of farms / agriculture and landed estates in an
efficient and effective manner, and to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all respects.
My client is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally.
With around 3,500 partners and staff in the UK and access to more than 41,400 people in over 120 countries across their network, they always meet their clients needs wherever in the world they operate.
As an integrated team, they have multiple skills, insight and resources, as well as a client-centric, collaborative approach based on a deep understanding of their clients.
- Preparation of annual financial statements for a range of agricultural based entity types to include disclosure notes as required. Clients will vary in size and complexity.
- Preparation of an accounts file in line with RSM procedures, which for the majority of clients will require full balance sheet reconciliation.
- Analytical review incorporating variance analysis on all accounts preparations.
- Call over of accounts at finalisation stage
- Preparation of tax computations where required
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Assistance with VAT returns preparation.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Assist in the day to day training and development of the junior staff members of the team
- Assist managers and other teams as required.
- Manage time effectively to complete multiple tasks to appropriate deadlines, and ensure line manager is kept informed of progress
- Build and maintain cross service line relationships.
- Maintain high professional standards of conduct and practice
- Experience of preparing farms accounts and/or tax is essential, partnerships knowledge strongly preferred.
- Experience of personal taxation, corporation tax and VAT is essential
- Previous experience of managing an agricultural portfolio strongly preferred, previous experience of building strong relationships with farmers is essential.
- An active interest in rural matters and pursuits would be very beneficial
- Professionally qualified, e.g. ACA / ACCA, or qualified through experience
- Full driving licence required
- Experience of working in an accounts practice environment
- A keen eye for detail is required with the ability to apply common sense
- Strong communicator with a proven experience of building strong client relationships in a client-facing role
- Competent and effective use of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate various accounting bookkeeping packages such as Sage, Quickbooks and IRIS
- Experience of management accounts preparation is desirable but not essential
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation
A competitive salary
Opportunity to specialise within farming and agriculture
A established client portfolio
Work life balance and flexible working potential