Risk Assurance Auditor
Responsible for independently undertaking a range of audits and assisting with complex audits at client's sites in accordance with Internal Audit standards. Working as an individual or supervising an Internal Audit Analyst, delivering high quality Internal Audits within required timescales and budgets.
My client is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally.
With around 3,500 partners and staff in the UK and access to more than 41,400 people in over 120 countries across their network, they always meet their clients needs wherever in the world they operate.
As an integrated team, they have multiple skills, insight and resources, as well as a client-centric, collaborative approach based on a deep understanding of their clients.
- To perform and control internal audit assignments embracing assignment planning, conduct and control of audit work and reporting findings in accordance with the our standards per the Internal Audit Manual.
- To lead and supervise more junior staff on individual assignments including staff motivation, discipline and technical audit guidance.
- To provide job training and guidance for more junior auditors.
- Preparing draft audit reports and working paper files to high quality standards that require only minor amendment for manager review.
- To hold opening meetings and debrief meetings with clients for audits undertaken as the lead auditor.
- To perform the audit of more complex systems with supervision from client manager.
- To draft audit planning sheets for approval/review by Client/Senior Managers.
- To assist the Client/Senior Manager in ensuring that assignments are completed to time and budget.
- To be aware of and advise your Manager of any potential additional work opportunities at existing clients
- To participate in the firms appraisal and development process.
- It is the duty of all employees to ensure they are familiar with and comply with all the firm's policies e.g health and safety etc.
- Any other duties as required by the Client Manager / Director
- To have a good technical knowledge on the internal audit process, individual subjects and sector issues relevant to your work.
- Able to review and control technical content of work of more junior staff others to ensure compliance with the Internal Audit Manual.
- To provide support as required to more junior and senior staff as required.
- Understands the range of additional services that the firm can provide to meet client's needs.
- Know when to consult for guidance and help.
Communication (oral, electronic, written)
- Oral - able to express ideas and information with clarity. Expected to display confidence when communicating with clients.
- Good working relationship with clients to understand their needs and requirements.
- Relay appropriate and timely information in respect of assignments to others.
- Listening - demonstrate the ability to listen, evaluate and apply information gained.
- Written - prepare draft reports and working paper files.
- Gain confidence and respect of colleagues
A competitive salary
Opportunity to progress within a Top 10 accountancy firm
Work life balance and flexible working potential