Tax Specialist - Assistant Manager
My clients are looking for a ambitious Tax Assistant Manager to take responsible and accountable for working with clients and taking them through the full life cycle of an R&D Tax Credit Claim.
This fantastic opportunity has come about due to the businesses rapid growth.
High standard of customer care and ability to communicate is vital.
My clients are specialist R&D Tax Credit advisers based in Haverhill. They have grown significantly over the last 3 years and are looking for a Assistant Manager to take forward within their business.
My clients are fully committed to investing and growing talented individuals. They recently achieved Silver accreditation through Investors in People.
- Responsible and accountable for working with clients and taking them through the full life cycle of an R&D Tax Credit Claim. This will include; qualification and optimisation of the claim; collation of information relating to innovative projects; researching similar markets and technology; analysing and interpreting financial data to identify the claim value; and writing and completing the claim paperwork
- Travelling to client or sales meetings, as required
- Processing client financial data to calculate the value of the claim and preparing computations and CT600's
- Drafting and reviewing technical reports
- Working with and supporting Claims Administrators
- Negotiating and liaising with HMRC
- Supporting senior management
- Supporting the Senior Tax Manager and Technical Director
- The assistant R&D Tax Manager will be expected to maintain an expert knowledge of the working, detail and implementation of R&D Tax Relief legislation, guidelines and HMRC practice
- The assistant R&D Tax Manager will be expected to maintain a portfolio of client cases
- Supporting the Senior Tax Manager and Technical Director with management of the Claims team including reporting, training and process improvements
- Supporting the sales and marketing efforts of the business, including writing articles, giving interviews, presenting at events, updating the web site and involvement with social media and sales support
- Supporting the business with new revenue generation opportunities, recruitment and financial forecasting
- Providing technical training sessions for staff, professional referrers and franchisees
- The successful candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of the UK corporate tax regime and how different aspects of tax and accounting treatments may interact with an R&D Tax claim.
- Ability to explain/describe the activities of a company to HMRC in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to manage and develop a small hard working team.
- Ability to relate to work with, and win the confidence of, clients.
- The successful candidate will be expected to attend client meetings throughout the UK, although we are predominantly an East of England business. The candidate must therefore have a current driving licence, own a car and be comfortable to drive long distances, where required. Some overnight away from home may be required.
- ATT, ACCA,ACA, or CTA
- Full driving licence
Direct contact with clients
Work life balance / flexible working
Highly competitive salary + benefits