Project Accountant required for a number of high profile contracts for the division. Role reports into the Operations Finance Manager and will indirectly report into Project/Program Managers where the project accountant is assigned. The role is standalone and therefore has no direct reports.
Division of a FTSE listed defence organisation in Dorset.
It is essential for the role that the candidate can demonstrate where they have been the finance lead on a long-term project and managed challenges and changes within that life-cycle.
You will be providing advice to various stakeholders, keep the projects to budget and advise program leadership on financial challenges ahead of time.
These are extremely high profile contracts that you will be exposed to and must therefore feel comfortable operating within a defence environment and able to manage lots of stakeholders accordingly, most of whom will be non-finance individuals.
- Qualified or QBE
- Desirable Experience in engineering/ manufacturing business - if not this then a business engaged with low volume, high price products
- Essential Project Accounting experience
- Understanding project/ long-term contract accounting.
- Deadline focused (working under pressure)
- Solid IT skills and intermediate Excel skills as a minimum requirement
Attractive salary and flexible benefits package