Newly Qualified Accountant - M&A role
As part of an ambitious growth strategy my client have built a corporate acquisitions team to support their acquisition activity. This role will manage, review, approve and implement acquisitions and financing projects.
My client are a FTSE 100 Financial Services organisation who manage over £70bn worth of client funds. They offer quality, face-to-face advice and are committed to building trusted and enduring relationships with clients. They were recently commended as one of 'Britain's Most Admired Companies'
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities of the role:
- Assist in researching targets as potential Partner practices. Summarising and assimilating the information into data memorandums for distribution to the team. Being able to present concise and accurate memo's to internal stakeholders and identify key risks at an early stage of the acquisition process.
- Monitoring of current and historical acquisitions and loan finance deals;
- Researching, analysing and understanding competitors and market trends to share with the wider team;
- Undertake financial due diligence at target locations with a view to being able to produce succinct executive summaries on the results and reduce the risk from a financial aspect. Assist in being able to summarise the work streams of other project teams and provide updates when required.
- Undertake ad-hoc due diligence projects on other work streams such as Bespoke Financing and Partner acquisitions;
- Building robust and accurate financial models to a predetermined set of assumptions which enables sensitivity analysis to be undertaken;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects in accordance with the agreed timetable;
- Draft key reports and agreements to a high level ensuring factual and literacy accuracy, to tight deadlines;
- Ad-hoc acquisitions project work as and when required.
- Able to develop relationships and communicate with both internal and external contacts, e.g. Target firms, Potential Partners and professional service firms to enable efficient output;
- Ability to prioritise and manage numerous projects simultaneously, occasionally to tight deadlines;
- Excellent reporting writing and communication skills;
- Analytical and able to assimilate large quantities of data concisely. Ability to work independently as and when required.
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Newly qualified ACA/ACCA, with previous audit or transaction experience. Financial services industry experience would be preferable.
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge (e.g. pivot tables, financial modelling and lookups);
- Experience of accounting and management information reporting systems would be beneficial (e.g. Sage, Intelligent Office, IRESS, True Potential).
- Personality: Self-motivated, proactive individual able to work with minimum direction who investigates to find answers and develops pragmatic solutions. Credible, reliable well-presented and business-like; comfortable in dealing with senior executives both internally and externally. Ability to understand and develop processes and procedures.
- Skills: Produces high quality deliverables; strong time management skills; able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise accordingly; strong administration skills.
- Computer Skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office - strong Excel skills essential and good working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Powerpoint for preparing summary reports on proposals for sign off.
- Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand, analyse and critically interpret financial information.
- Commercial Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Committed to excellent service delivery.
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.